Thursday, May 3, 2018

pacta sunt servanda

Like our former chancellor Helmut Kohl, said to be the chancellor of the reunification of Eastern and Western Germany in 1989 (the so-called fall of the iron curtain), used to say rather frequently, well, contracts are to be fullfilled, pacta sunt servanda in Latin.


After that bike-accident and operation early in March I have no go in any cases of biking. Luckily the elbow-joint has not been impacted. Thus, I was allowed to breaststroke one month ago and now physiotherapy managed to make freestyle go try again. Meanwhile, 3rd discipline and thus running is given green light also. Last Tuesday my data for a short round in the hilly forrests had been 5:57 min sec /k. Sounds good? Was at base 2 activity level, with bpm av of 159 and bpm max 187. Yesterday, pace declined to 5:50 min sec/k at 154/170. Looks like fitness comes back rapidly as a six times Ironman and sub9er (team competition in Roth 2017), too.



 The picture shows me at IRONMAN European Championships 226k in Frankfurt am Main in the year 2013 
(all copyrights reserved / for race-report go to blog-archive). 


Now, as of the accident, but not only, I reconsidered my life-situation as a whole and came to the point I need to go for another 226k-distance race. Presently I am not yet allowed to reveal the when and where. It might be Langkawi, it might be Cozumel, it might be Subic Bay, it might be Challenge Roth or IRONMAN Hamburg. Israman is also nice. Or IM Canada. Why there is no IM in Russia? 

First of all I need to get fit again. A two month break is a two month break is a two month break. My Mexican coach and me, well, we will consider which race to go next. It also depends on the titanium in my arm, if heat races are possible to do, mainly. For this season Speedy G. gave okay to quit start any races. However, next season this is not so.


Press thumbs for me to get rid of the metal soon and keep on training safely. Race hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet home Bavaria...- where the skies are so blue & white.

  Time came, time went by and me? Still there? Still there. Well, all I can say is that I am a triathlete. Having found a true home in Ger...